An epic day to remember...

Today 21/05/2012 is going to be the most memorable day of my life. In my previous post i had mentioned that we will be having post production jury tomorrow actually there was one more thing happening in our college too. The Square Enix Roadshow, yes, Square Enix in our college. We had Shoji Shiromoto, the producer of Final Fantasy series in our college. He was here to tell about thier intiative in India on creating games for the Indian market and stuff but what was least expected was that he would come and check our works. GOD!! i was in the beginning imagining that this was not happening and then suddenly he just walked into the console room with Jai sir and Jai sir looked at me and asked would you like to first, i was a bit hesitant but i went ahead and showed him my level. The amount of feedback from him was just epic and industry expert, creator of an epic game giving comments on my level design. He asked me whether i had made all the things and i said yes he was like WOW, i made all the things o.O, after that he asked me if i was to use a single word to describe my level what would it be and i said redemption, the protagonist is seeking out redemption by saving his daughter. He asked me what made the level different from other titles like COD, Battlefield etc. I explained to him that the story driven gameplay makes a sense of why the player is there in the first place, its his need to redeem himself that brings him there and the issue of human trafficking. He asked me how i made the level and i explained that the level took its design concepts from both Cochin Port and Chennai port, making the level asymmetrical was also crucial for the look of the game. The sector wise splitting etc made the level stand out, he was impressed i could tell, it was a really great experience for me for a long while i had no one to give me and industry side comment on my game and finally it came from him...




Well he then checked everyones works and commeted on it. It was a wonderful experience hope i get a chance to work with him at Square Enix. Well the level is progressing smoothly i guess the lights and sounds are being implemented and so is the detailing of the areas. The parking area and proccessing facility is somewhat done and is shown below.





The following is the amount of entities and solids in the scene sometimes i wonder did i do all that, its not a big thing but it still makes you wonder...



Thanks to all my viewers, Cryengine and all the people who have supported me till now i hope i will get more support from you and thank you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working... Maori...

Humble origins....

Better days...